Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Coffee Coffee... Buzz Buzz Buzz

I’ve mentioned it in previous posts… and I’ll mention it again. I. Love. Coffee. I love the aromas it fills my home with when I grind it’s beans or brew it…. I love the way it tastes…. I can’t find much better than a huge mug of steaming coffee to curl up with on a freezing cold day. I love the stuff high-octane strong too… after sharing some with a few coworkers, I am now known as “the chick who puts crack in her coffee.” Heart palpitations, coming right up! My perfect coffee is some sort of dark roast that I grind fresh at home…. and then grounds piled up high to the top of the basket. Flavored is optional (I’m a sucker for hazelnut if I get coffee while out and about.) The stuff I make should come with an Attorney General’s warning, it’s so strong ….

And I’m back on the bean-wagon (HarHar!)

After reading many articles pre-TTC about the possible effects of high caffeine intake and miscarriage rates, I cut my beloved friend out of my life due to the melt-your-stomach lining strength of the stuff I prefer to sip each morning. (Some have suggested decaf…. I can taste the stark difference between the two… it ain’t pretty.) I was lucky and didn’t have any physical withdrawal symptoms…. Only heinous grouchiness for a few days that make my “Clomid grumps” seem laughable.

Fast forward to the beginning of this very cycle. Hubby and I know that I’m going to undergo my Clomid challenge and HSG this cycle- HSG happening potentially quite close to my possible ovulation time. We agree to take things easy and stay mellow this month since we don’t know how I will feel post-HSG…. CD1? Coffee…. CD 2? Coffee- I think you get the drift. I willingly admit I have a bit of a problem. I blame it on genetics after being birthed by a woman who is known for drinking a pot a day of the good stuff…This month has been absolutely glorious. I’m back to my chipper perky self with each sip of caffeine. I will miss my old friend when we start back on track next month, but some day that beany beautiful goodness will have it’s glory days once again.

(For all records, intents, and purposes.... this entry was written while sipping caramel-apple flavored dark roast... cold... with a splash of soy creamer added in. Ahhh, life is good once again!)

3 comments:

  1. Here's a link to the "Jet Fuel" coffee I adore so much! http://www.coffeewhiz.com/detail.aspx?ID=823

    ReplyDelete
  2. The site says nothing about it being Fair Trade or organic (I only buy beans that are both.) Do you have access to any info swaying one way or the other?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your coffee love reminds me of my DH! I've labeled him a "coffee snob". Only freshly ground beans, a certain kind, a certain way. It took me awhile to get used to drinking such strong coffee, and now I can't drink anything but! (And HEY, super-duper congrats to you as well, but I'll post more on MDC.)

    ReplyDelete