Thursday, August 20, 2009

Next Stop: Destiny

Tomorrow morning is our appointment with hubby’s Urologist…. It will probably be really uneventful- just go over hubby’s S/A results and then a talk about what he recommends as our next step of treatment. This visit holds so much more promise and excitement because once we leave, the Urologist will contact my OB-GYN. Hopefully they collaborate well and write a stellar treatment proposal to send off to my health insurance company *fingers crossed.*

If all goes well and the insurance gods smile on us then we will finally get our referral to go to the RE *does a little happy dance.* Actually, I’m more jumping for joy at this point. This referral is pretty much our Golden Ticket. After 6 months of Clomid and a recent S/A pointing at sub-fertility for hubby, I have a feeling that IVF with ICSI will be our best bet. Heck, I won’t lie- ever since I popped my first Clomid pill six months ago I still had that nagging little voice in the back of my head telling me IVF is the way to go. Since doctors that will to go straight from Clomid to IVF are nonexistent, for the past six months I’ve been a good egg taking my meds, charting my cycles…. And hitting a roadblock at the end of each month. We are ready, we are willing and we are so excited for what we hope our future will bring!

1 comment:

  1. YAY Twinsie! Keep me updated!

    Oh, and AIM is NOT blocked at work-- so we can continue wasting away the work days together. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete