Monday, August 24, 2009

Perfect Moment Monday

We interrupt this infertility drivel to bring up…. A Perfect Moment... inspired by my fellow infertile myrtile: http://www.weebleswobblog.com/ There’s only so much talk about infertility one can write about every day (despite the fact that it reels in my head each day which I’m sure all you IF folks can understand…)

My perfect moment was yesterday afternoon. Hubby and I usually laze about the homestead on Sundays: doing house chores, running errands, and hubby doing his “big run of the week” to work on training for the half-marathon he’s running in November. Yesterday, we threw our usual routine to the wind due to my plans with an old friend falling apart because of threats of inclement weather.

Hubby and I packed ourselves into the car, dressed in clothing we wouldn’t mind getting wet in and barged forward into the drizzly afternoon…. And ended up here:

Photobucket


Cathedral of the Pines: a non-denominational outdoor chapel dedicated to fallen service men/women. It. Is. Gorgeous. It’s in the woods, with a huge drop off cliff right past the altar and a view of the local mountain across the valley. Hubby and I went there once early in our dating days since he went to college near by. We had our first deep and serious conversation about our spiritual beliefs and hopes for the future there. We figured going back would be fitting due to the twists, turns, and challenges of faith we had been dealt lately. We were right: a trip there was just what we needed.... bring calm and renewed clarity to the hurried life we lead (at least for a few minutes.) I left there in a calm and collected state that I can usually only achieve after a long yoga class...

We ended our trek with dinner at near by Kimball Farms. Their veggie burger plates (hold the mayo) are so good, their almost worth their own “Perfect Moment” post. :)

All in all, a perfect and completely impromptu Perfect Moment!

6 comments:

  1. It's stunning! What a place of beginnings and affirmations. It's no wonder you gained calmness and clarity.

    Love it. So glad you are a part of Perfect Moment Mondays, J!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those random getaways are the best! We once did a 'trip to nowhere' and it was AWESOME>

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely spot, and the spiritual element makes it even better.

    Next time you can show a picture of the veggie burgers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome idea Cassandra! I'm thinking needing a picture of my yummy dinner is worth convincing hubby to make the drive out there again next weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the carefree-ness of this outing. The landscape looks wonderfully serene.

    ReplyDelete