My OB-GYN is a busy guy. Not only does he catch babies of those lucky enough to procreate, but the man also has a sub-specialty in infertility… So I can’t help but go easy on him when he doesn’t call a week and a half after he said he was going to. Maybe it’s because I like to give folks the benefit of the doubt… or maybe because I’m new to this whole IF thing and I don’t know what to expect… or maybe he secretly knows I will put up with it because he’s the only OB-GYN in the area with the coveted sub-specialty that is still accepting new patients- and I am not eligible for RE visits through my insurance as of yet…
So after a promise of a follow up call while I am still lying on the x-ray table in a post-HSG haze, I finally called him on Monday and left a message for his office manager. Office manager and I have spoken so many times in the past that I’m sure she has a colorful nickname or two for me… She doesn’t follow up like she should, and when she does call back she does not listen to a damn word you say. The other day was no exception:
*I pick up cell phone*
Office Manager: Hi is J there?
Me: you’re speaking to her
Office Manager: I’m just returning your call regarding Dr. Nevercallsyouback
Me: Well, I’m doing the Clomid challenge test this month and I wanted to know if Dr. Nevercallsmeback ordered any blood work to be completed during the luteal phase since I ovulated over the weekend.
*silence for a good three seconds*
Office Manager: Hokay, lemme get this straight… You want Dr. Nevercallsyouback to call you about bloodwork for next month’s cycle?
*facepalm*
Bless her heart… really. I just hope Dr. Nevercallsmeback is keeping her employed out of pity and not because he actually believes she’s a competent member of his staff. Thank goodness Dr. Nevercallsmeback actually DID call me today and told me that all I needed was the CD7 and CD10 bloodwork…. No more bloodwork this cycle unless I spot for 5 days before AF and then get dragged in for the seemingly-monthly yet pointless HCG blood test.
1093rd Friday Blog Roundup + 20th Anniversary
20 hours ago

you lost me at luteal, hunny... but the stupidity of some people, especially in the medical field, is amazingly scary. Maybe Dr. Nevercalls youback is sleeping with her. Glad you're posting!
ReplyDeleteYour luteal phase is the part of your cycle between when you ovulate and when you menstruate... aka: PMS city! I highly doubt my OB is sleeping with his OM... She looks to be close to twenty years his senior and has hair that you could probably scrub a soup pot with.
ReplyDelete