Today I was faced with a situation that I’m sure many of you have been faced with: the dreaded yet unavoidable visit to the coworker/family member/friend in the hospital…. And I’m not talking the cardiac ward either...
We do so much to protect our fragile (and often shifting emotions) when riding the infertility rollercoaster…. Avoiding baby showers, ducking out of the uncomfortable “when are you and hubby going to start trying?!?” conversations when they head your way, and steering clear of the section of Target boasting postage stamp-sized clothing. There are those people in your life that no matter how much circumvention you attempt, you cannot steer your way out of their center of gravity.
So there I was today… sitting in the maternity room of a coworker, holding her pink little bundle that she had just issued the day before….and it hurt. Boy did it hurt- watching her and her doting husband talk about the events of the past 24 hours while the past nine months play back in my head: her swift and easy acquisition of the painfully coveted BFP, and then months and months of whining about swollen ankles, heartburn, and marathon races to the bathroom. Me… bitter? Nah!
But the kiddo was adorable… absolutely breathtaking and perfect in every way. As I sat there and rocked her all while steaming over her mother, I looked into her tiny blue eyes and also saw a glimmer of hope. We finally get the referral to the RE after Friday’s Urologist appointment… who knows what our future will bring?
1093rd Friday Blog Roundup + 20th Anniversary
20 hours ago

oh Twinsie! I can't believe you went!!! I am so proud of you for being strong and for blogging about it! I'm going to be here for you every step of the way! <3
ReplyDelete